Catch up with all the news in our latest newsletter
Bincombe Pupils take part in Swim Safe
How can I help my child with Maths? (Part 3)
How can I help my child to learn to read? Part 2
Pictures of the Year 4 Samba Concert
Class 11 Assembly 2.30
Years 4, 5 & 6 Boccia Experience
School Photographs 11th & 12th October
Years 5 & 6 Football
Bincombe Valley Primary School Governors
Welcome to the Governors' page.
The aim of the Governing Body of Bincombe Valley School is to provide the highest quality education for the children of North Weymouth and the surrounding area, through sound governance that promotes dedicated teaching within a stimulating and safe environment, where all children are valued and encouraged to develop their full potential.
The Governing Body comprises representatives of parents, staff, the community and the local authority. It acts as a corporate body through a committee structure that sets, monitors and reviews the strategic direction of the school and provides constructive and challenging support.
The Governing Body meets twice each term and is supported by three sub-committees:
- The People and Finance Committee.
- The Curriculum Committee.
- The Environmental Committee.
Annual priorities are laid down in the School Development Plan.
Individual Governors support our aim through:
- active involvement with the school and the wider community in a variety of ways that reflect their interests and skills,
- the sharing of their knowledge and views with the other governors,
- membership of committees and
- on-going training and development.
Stuart Boichot (Chair of Governors)
Members of the Governing Body may be contacted through the school office.